Our office is happy to provide a wide variety of services to our constituents, including:

  • If you have an event you would like Doug to attend, contact us at 705-728-2596 or [email protected]. Please provide us with the date, time, and any details you believe are relevant.
  • If you would like to receive Celebratory Greetings for a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary, please call 705-728-2596 or complete an online order form.
  • If you are visiting Ottawa and would like a tour of Parliament Hill or tickets to Question Period, please contact us at 613-992-0718 or at [email protected] and we'd be happy to arrange it for you.
  • If you require help dealing with any federal department, agency, or crown corporation, our office can help. Federal agencies include, but are not limited to, Employment Insurance, Passports, Citizenship and Immigration, Service Canada, Revenue Canada, Canada Pension Plan (CPP), and Old Age Security (OAS). If you need help with these or any other federal department or agency, please contact us at 705-728-2596 or via email at [email protected].

If you have any other questions, concerns, or require assistance in any other way, we'll do whatever we can to help. Please visit our contact page and get in touch!


Provincial services

Provincial governments are responsible for services such as birth, marriage, and death certificates, health care, education, social services, Ontario Works, ODSP, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, and highways.

If you believe that your issue falls under provincial jurisdiction, I encourage you to contact our local provincial representative:

Doug Downey
MPP, Barrie—Springwater—Oro-Medonte
Unit 14, 20 Bell Farm Road
Barrie, ON L4M 6E4
[email protected]