Residents of Barrie - Springwater - Oro-Medonte may bring their fully completed applications, including new passport photos and all applicable documents required, to my Constituency Office located at 48 Alliance Blvd, Suite 104 in Barrie. No appointment is necessary.  Our office is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  Passport applications are sent weekly on Wednesdays from our office to the Passport Program in Gatineau for processing.  Residents may also bring applications on behalf of their family members (as each individual applicant does not need to attend in person). 

Please note: The estimated return time of your new passport will be approximately 6-8 weeks. For the most current processing time, please visit this page for updates from the Government of Canada. Your completed passport will arrive via trackable Canada Post mail.



Q: What is the benefit of sending my application(s) though my MP?


  1. There is no charge to review the completeness of the application
  2. There is no charge for the secure courier service to Passport Canada
  3. If Passport Canada requires additional information/clarification they will contact you directly by phone as opposed to returning the entire application by mail for you to re-submit at a later date.

Q: Do I need new passport photos?

A: YES, whether you are renewing a previous passport, or applying for the first time, 2 identical passport photos taken within the past 6 months must be included.

Q: Does anyone need to sign one of my photos?

A: YES, THE GUARANTOR signs if a Child Application or Adult General Application.

NO, if an Adult Simplified Renewal.

Q: Can I send a photocopy of my birth certificate or Canadian Citizenship?

A: NO, original only. (Simplified Renewals do NOT require any proof of birth or citizenship)

Q: The application asks for a Guarantor. Can I use a family member?

A: YES, ANYONE who holds a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that is valid (or has not been expired for more than 1 year) and has known you (the applicant) personally for at least 2 years.

Q:  I am using an Adult General application. Section 5 asks for ‘signed dated copies’ of both sides of ‘Supporting ID’ (i.e Driver’s License, OHIP card). Who signs?

A: YOUR GUARANTOR signs and dates the copy(s).

Q: My previous passport is still valid or expired less than 1 year ago. My last name has changed (i.e. got married) can I renew my passport in the new surname with a Simplified Renewal?

A: NO, you must use an Adult General Application and include a copy of the ‘linkage’ document (i.e. Marriage Certificate, Legal Name Change). The linkage document requirement applies for ALL persons whose current surname on their birth certificate or citizenship differs from their supporting ID.

Q: Can I use the Adult Simplified Renewal to renew my passport that was issued to me when I was under the age of 16?

A: NO, your previous passport was a ‘Child’s’ passport. Someone else applied for you. You must complete an ADULT GENERAL application.

Q: Do I need to send a ‘long form birth certificate’ for my child or can I send the ‘short’ version?

A: NO, all children’s applications require an ORIGINAL long form birth certificate (Statement of Live Birth). The only exception to send a ‘short’ version is if BOTH of the following criteria are met:

The previous passport is included (regardless of when it expired).

The same applicant parent or guardian is applying for the child this time as well.

Click here to access information regarding passport photos.

Visit the Passport Canada website for more information regarding passports.